|Series|| Mission: Impossible|
|Airdate||April 15, 1967|
|Written by||Edward J. Lakso|
|Directed by||Lee H. Katzin|
|Guests|| Martin Landau|
|Previous episode||A Cube of Sugar|
|Next episode||The Psychic|
|Episode list||Season 1|
In order to get an American agent (Edward Hughes) who has defected, Dan Briggs hires a diminutive female agent (Tina Mara), who crawls through a foreign embassy's air-conditioning system.
- Steven Hill as Dan Briggs
- Barbara Bain as Cinnamon Carter
- Greg Morris as Barney Collier
- Peter Lupus as Willy Armitage
- Martin Landau as Rollin Hand
- Eartha Kitt as Tina Mara
- Malachi Throne as Ambassador Brazneck
- Lonny Chapman as Edward Hughes
- Frank Marth as Koler
- Paul Sorensen as Guard
- Socrates Ballis as Maintenance Man
- Ed McCready as Teletype Clerk
- Michael Rye as The Real Belson
Mission Briefing Edit
Dan Briggs goes to a theater and goes back stage. In the room over the stage is a record and the envalope with the mission targets. Dan places the record in the record player and plays the Mission Briefing.
Good morning, Mr. Briggs. Edward Hughes, an American Intelligence officer, has defected to the enemy and taken refuge in their embassy here. Hughes took with him a top-secret message before we had a chance to decode it. We believe the information in that message to be vital. The sender of the message has died. Hughes himself does not know the code so Victor Belson, one of the enemies best cryptographers, is on his way to the embassy now. Belson is unknown to the personal there. Your mission, Dan, should you decide to accept it, would be to get the message back before the enemy deciphers it and get Hughes out of the embassy in a way to discredit any other information he may have given them. As always, should you or any member of your IM Force be caught of killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowlage of your actions. This recording will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Dan.
After five seconds the record self destructs.
- Edward Hughes an IMF Agent who has changed sides and who is hiding in the Russian Embassy.
- Top-secret documents that Hughes stole from IMF Headquarters in Langley and is planning to sell to the Russians for money.
- Edward Hughes
- Victor Belson
- Ambassador Brazneck
- Teletype Clerk
- Maintenance Man
- Tina Mara