A staged train ride is expertly simulated by Dan Briggs and his agents. They need to prove to a dying prime minister (Ferenc Larya) that his successor (Milos Pavel) is not to be trusted.
- Steven Hill as Dan Briggs
- Barbara Bain as Cinnamon Carter
- Greg Morris as Barney Collier
- Peter Lupus as Willy Armitage
- Martin Landau as Rollin Hand
- William Windom as Deputy Premier Milos Pavel
- Rhys Williams as Prime Minister Ferenc Larya
- William Schallert as Dr. Harrison Selby
- Noah Keen as Androv
- Richard Bull as Donovan
- Booth Colman as Dr. Huss
Mission Briefing Edit
Dan goes to the arcade and steps into the photo booth like he did in The Carriers and pulls the shade over himself. He inserts a coin into the machine and opens up the cabinet. Inside is the tape recorder with the briefing and an envelope containing photos of the mission targets. Dan plays the tape and the mission briefing begins.
Good morning, Mr. Briggs. The man your looking at is Ferenc Larya, the Prime Minister of Svardia, who has long fought to establish democracy and freedom for his people. Larya is now gravely ill and hasn't long to live. He has groomed Deputy Premier Milos Pavel to succeed him and carry on his policies. We know, however, that once in power, Pavel would set up a dictatorship and then purge the country of all opposition. But Larya will not hear anything against Pavel. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to keep Pavel from becoming Prime Minister. As always, should you or any member of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowlage of your actions. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds. Good luck, Dan.
Dan closes the cabinet and 10 seconds later the tape self destructs.
- Deputy Premier Milos Pavel and his men
- Ferenc Larya Prime Minister of Svardia
- Deputy Premier Milos Pavel
- Dr. Harrison Selby
- Dr. Huss